The latest and greatest version of Akismet is no longer just a release candidate and is now available for download! Version 3.0 includes a bunch of new features and overall improvements, you can read the official release post here.
A few of the changes:
- Move Akismet to Settings menu
- Drop Akismet Stats menu
- Add stats snapshot to Akismet settings
- Add Akismet subscription details and status to Akismet settings
- Add contextual help for each page
- Improve Akismet setup to use Jetpack to automate plugin setup
- Fix Update Check for Spam to use ajax to avoid page timing out
- Fix Akismet settings page to be responsive
- Drop legacy code
- Replace the old discard setting with a new “discard pervasive spam” feature.
One thing you may notice is that there is no longer two separate areas to look in for stats and configuration changes – they’re both in the same place. If you’re a Jetpack user, the Akismet link will appear under the Jetpack menu. If not, the link will show in Settings, oh and of course on the plugins page.
And if you’re looking to drill into your stats, use the ‘Summaries’ link located on the top right of the page to see the same great graphs and stats you’re used to seeing.