I feel like I’ve forgotten more than I learned … It’s been a while since experimenting with the Raspberry Pi, and I figure by posting, I might find some motivation to work on it. Or peer pressure.
I’ve compiled some notes here, hope to expand on them quickly. Loving circuitlab.com, their web interface is awesome – If you’ve never heard of them, they provide a circuit diagram service thats fantastic. I’ve used them to create diagrams in several posts.
Back to the Pi .. so many ideas ..
- Weather Station
- Home Automation (randomly turn off and on lights, monitor environmentals)
- Packaged appliance to deploy to a family members home or business (saves the time of actually going to the said location – out of band management so to speak)
- Webcam (already did this one – code to be posted soon, see below)
- Traffic stoplight that displays the current LAN status
- Evil robot capable of world domination
- Other awesome stuff!
Months ago, I wrote some code that, along with an external USB webcam, turned the Pi into a time-lapse camera, and even joined the photos together into one great big animated gif file (though the concept wasn’t mine). I’ll release the code for that one as soon as I find it – as it turns out – the Pi’s are very particular about being powered down. If not done right, the SD cards are corrupted, and you’re up shits creek.